Setting up a new Cubase template

Hello all
Today I started the massive work on upgrading/changing my template. I’m migrating a lot of my samples/libraries on to a server to ease the load of my workstation. I’m a huge fan of the Spitfire Audio orchestral libraries. So for this server migration, I have decided that all of my percussion and strings will be loaded on the server. That include: Mural, Sable, Hans Zimmer Percussion LE01, Orchestral Percussion Redux 5. If there’s room for more samples then I’ll add some Woodwinds (Flutes, Reeds, Low Woodwinds).
My second server would be a “Software-synth-server” loaded with U-he Zebra.

The software I’ll be using to host my libraries and synths are Vienna Ensemble Pro 5.

This would ease my workflow and concern regards limitations due to technology.

For those who are interested in specs: Server: It’s a dual Xeon 8 core, 64gb ram and 8 Intel SSD-drivers (in raid) that will be driving my strings and percussion.

Stay tuned for my next updated post.


Posted in Filmmusic.