I’ve started on my new album. Will be released in May. The genre will vary a bit.
Stay updated on this blog to hear snippets from it.
In this video I’m composing a track live to check out if there’s some errors that need to be taked care of. The most CPU hungry/demanding plugin is the B2 reverb. If I disable it everything goes down to 3% usage. Sample Modeling brass is also taxing the system a bit, but not that much. I have decided to keep it like this for the sake of the sound produced by the SM brass with B2 reverb. I feel it fits right into the Air hall from Spitfire Libraries. Also one thing to consider is the amazing way to layer the SM brass with SA brass. It really comes to live and sound very powerful and rich..
I have one computer running all the Zebra synths. the other slave is running most of my Orchestral samples. From now on I’ll be adding inn some extra epic percussion into my template to write more powerful/epic stuff.
Your all thinking: what will he achieve with all this?
Answer: My goal is to write for movie. I have all the necessarily tools and knowledge to do it. From now on it’s all about networking and getting in touch with the right people. That’s a whole different type of game, and it takes time to write to all the “right” people in the business.
So far I’m very satisfied with my studio setup.
See video for more information.
I wish everyone a happy new year!
Everything goes as planed. I have now migrated the strings, woodwinds and percussion to the new slave. It takes some time to setting up all the routing and busses right. It’s definitively worth it! everything goes much smoother then expected. My next upgrade will be a 1-10gb Cisco switch that handles all the data-traffic on the network.
I’ve used a lot of time today on a reverb plug-in trying to program/simulate air lyndhurst studios. It came out really good! I used the 2CAudio – B2 reverb. The goal was to layer Sample Modeling brass on my BML brass.
check out my youtube video for some sound clips.
Today I started the massive work on upgrading/changing my template. I’m migrating a lot of my samples/libraries on to a server to ease the load of my workstation. I’m a huge fan of the Spitfire Audio orchestral libraries. So for this server migration, I have decided that all of my percussion and strings will be loaded on the server. That include: Mural, Sable, Hans Zimmer Percussion LE01, Orchestral Percussion Redux 5. If there’s room for more samples then I’ll add some Woodwinds (Flutes, Reeds, Low Woodwinds).
My second server would be a “Software-synth-server” loaded with U-he Zebra.
The software I’ll be using to host my libraries and synths are Vienna Ensemble Pro 5.
This would ease my workflow and concern regards limitations due to technology.
For those who are interested in specs: Server: It’s a dual Xeon 8 core, 64gb ram and 8 Intel SSD-drivers (in raid) that will be driving my strings and percussion.
Stay tuned for my next updated post.